The current tax millage for 2019-20 is 33.11 mills. This means that for every $1,000 of assessed property value the school real estate tax is $33.11. School real estate tax bills are mailed July 1 of each fiscal year. There are three locally elected tax collectors responsible for the collection of the school's real estate taxes.
The FASD has three tax collectors:
78 Brookfield Drive
Fleetwood, PA 19522
16 Adele Avenue
Blandon, PA 19510
2237 Moselem Springs Road
Fleetwood, PA 19522
- Bring both copies of the bill when paying in person.
- If you pay by mail and a receipt is required, please include both copies of the bill and a self-addressed stamped envelope; otherwise only one copy of the bill is required with payment.
- Failure to receive a bill does not entitle the owner to discount or remission of penalty on taxes.
- If paying the bill in full, you have the following alternatives:
a. Pay the net amount by August 31 for a two percent (2.00%) discount.
b. Pay in full at the flat amount from September 1 until October 31.
c. Payment after October 31 is subject to penalties and interest as provided in the tax code.
- If you no longer own this property, please provide name of new owner on bill and return to tax collector's office.
- If serviced by a Mortgage Company, forward bill to them immediately.
- Only full or installment payment is accepted. EXACT payment only.
The installment option allows for the payment of the flat tax rate in three (3) equal installments, with the payment amounts due on or before the dates as listed:
- First Installment - July 31
- Second Installment - September 15
- Third Installment - October 31
- Payment of the first installment must be made on or before July 31 to indicate your intention to pay the taxes on the installment plan.
- After receiving the first payment on or before July 31, the remaining installment coupons will be mailed to you.
- Installment payments are made in the same manner as if paying the bill in full (either mailed or in person).
- Failure to make any one of the installment payments by the due date stated above will result in a penalty of ten percent (10.00%) on each such late installment.
- A tax payer who is delinquent by more than ten days on more than two installment payments shall be ineligible for the installment payment option in the following school fiscal year.
- Payment of all installments prior to July 31 DOES NOT entitle you to the two percent (2.00%) discount.
Act 1 of 2006
The Pennsylvania Department of Education publishes an index % applicable to the Fleetwood Area School District. The school district real estate tax increase for the next fiscal year is limited to the index % unless the proposed tax rate is approved by voters pursuant to a referendum, or the School District qualifies for an Act 1 exception. As a result of special circumstances covered by an Act 1 referendum exception, a tax rate % increase above the index may be required to balance the School District budget for the next fiscal year.
In addition the limited tax increase, Act 1 school districts receive an allocated amount of the Pennsylvania gaming funds which are distributed equally among the district's Homestead/Farmstead approved properties. The 2017-18 real estate tax relief amount for Homestead/Farmstead properties in the Fleetwood Area School District is $267.71.
Homestead/Farmstead applications are available by calling the business office. Completed applications must be submitted to the Berks County Assessment Office by March 1.
- 2019-20 Millage rate: 33.11
- 2018-19 Millage rate: 33.11
- 2017-18 Millage rate: 32.56
- 2016-17 Millage rate: 31.81
- 2015-16 Millage rate: 30.96
- 2014-15 Millage rate: 30.21