Enrollment of New Students
You are seeking to enroll a child in one of the finest public school systems in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. We are proud of all programs operated on behalf of our resident pupils. The Fleetwood Area School District is committed to excellence.
We have a centralized registration process for student enrollment. Procedures have been developed to assure the proper admission of your child or children into our schools. To set up an appointment for registration or if you have any questions, please call the Business Office at 610-944-8111.
To enroll any student into the Fleetwood Area School District, you must have the following:
- Original or certified copy of Birth Certificate or Adoption decree, passport, Certificate of Birth Abroad, court order, or similar legal instrument specifying student's name, sex, date of birth, and parents' names.
- Immunization records
- Four (4) proofs of residency (must include your name and address)
- Most recent report card from previous school.
These procedures are in place as a means to establish and verify your residence within the Fleetwood Area School District. This process will enable us to provide free school privileges to bona fide residents, as we do not accept tuition students. Depending on your particular circumstances, you will need to complete and/or submit certain documents for review and approval. All of our procedures are in accordance with Pennsylvania School Code and the Regulations of the Pennsylvania State Board of Education. Both authorize the district to request proof of residence or custodial residence prior to admission of children to our schools and programs.
Children may be enrolled in the Fleetwood Area School District under one of the following residency categories:
- Resident - Student resides in district with parent
- Multiple Occupancy - Student and his/her parent(s) or legal guardian(s) reside with a resident of the Fleetwood Area School District in a home that is owned or leased by the district resident, not by the child's parent(s)/guardian(s).
- Custodial resident - Student whose natural parent(s)/legal guardian(s) are not residents of the Fleetwood Area School District but lives with a resident of the district on a permanent basis, not just during the school year.
- Foreign exchange - Student from another country who will be living with a district resident that participates in a foreign exchange program. The host resident must register the exchange student.
Address Change Procedures
If you currently reside in the Fleetwood Area School District and are relocating within the district, you need to officially change your address in the Business Office.
To set up an appointment or if you have any questions, please call the Business Office at 610-944-8111.
You will need the following to change your address and transportation (if needed):
- 4 proofs of residency (must include a signed agreement of sale or lease agreement)