The PA Core Standards for Math identify what students need to know and be able to do for K-8 Math, Algebra 1, Algebra 2 and Geometry. These standards focus on students learning to apply their knowledge in meaningful and multiple ways. These standards are focused, coherent and rigorous. The PA Core Standards also include 8 Standards of Mathematical Practice. These are the practices that mathematically proficient students demonstrate.
- Click here to learn more about the PA Core Standards
- Click here to learn more about the Common Core Standards
This Powerpoint reviews the expectations of the PA Core Standards and the 8 Standards of Mathematical Practice.
The envisions Math 2.0 Program was identified as a resource to support the K-6 Math Curriculum aligned to the PA Core Standards.
Why enVision Math 2.0?
- Integrates digital tools
- At-home access for families
- Focus on problem solving strategies
- Provides resources to differentiate instruction based on student needs
Students and parents can access the student book and additional online resources by logging into the Pearson EasyBridge site by following these steps
- Go to Pearson EasyBridge
- Username: Student’s First Initial and Last name ex. Jane Doe is jdoe Some students will need to use the first 2 letters of their first name and then their last name ex. John Doe is jodoe
- Password: Student ID #
- View this screencast to see how to log into the Pearson Site: http://screencast.com/t/JfOUbf9i04x
- View this screencast to learn how to access resource that can provide support with your child’s homework by accessing the visual learning and another look videos: http://screencast.com/t/sgKITMcddrh
If you are having problems logging into the site please contact the instructional coach of your child’s school.