History of Fleetwood Area High School

The original high school building was located on West Arch Street. It was built in 1877 for about $4,000. Several additions were made in 1908, 1915 and 1955. In 1968 students entered a new high school building at 409 North Richmond Street.

Over the next thirty years the district and student population continued to grow, and there was a need for more space on all levels. To make room for this, as well as future growth, a new high school was built at 801 North Richmond Street and was dedicated on October 4, 1998.

In addition to 40 classrooms, the new building features: an auditorium with a seating capacity of 1000; a gymnasium; an auxiliary gymnasium; a weight room; a larger library; a scatter-system cafeteria; a television studio; three regular instructional computer labs; and three business education computer labs.

The upgraded facilities and technology compliment the administration and staff's commitment to excellence as they work with continued community support to investigate and implement effective educational practices.